Planning a holiday is rarely a straightforward feat and more often than not it takes a lot of research, time and compromise. After all, finding a destination that meets all of your requirements and pleases everyone who’s going on the holiday can be tough. So, when you finally make a decision and have things booked, you’re going to want everything to go to plan. That is why we’ve compiled a checklist of the top things to do before you go. By following the list and ensuring everything is in order, you’ll cut down the chances of anything going amiss.
Travel Checklist: Before You Go
- Check the expiration date of all passports. If your passport is out of date, you won’t be able to travel. It’s as simple as that.
- Ensure you have booked everything in advance, including important dinner reservations and local guides. Though it’s good to be spontaneous with some things, if there’s anything specific you definitely want to do it’s a beneficial to have it booked before you travel. Leaving some things until the last minute could mean you miss out.
- Let your bank know that you will be traveling. This will ensure your debit or credit card is set up to be used abroad, should you need it.
- Check to see if you have travel insurance and if you don’t, buy some. Accidents abroad can be costly if you aren’t covered by insurance and therefore it’s a good idea to have insurance to cover the basics such as personal injury, cancelled bookings and lost luggage.
- Contact your mobile phone company and make sure your mobile phone is set up to be used abroad. Even if you don’t plan to use it, it’s a good idea to have a working mobile phone in case of emergency.
- Download a variety of travel apps for the specific place you are visiting such as local maps, translators and public transport apps. These will make traveling around a new city and conversing with locals a lot easier.
Forgetting the smallest thing or failing to check a minor detail can cause major problems when it comes to travel time. So, we always recommend staying as organised as possible and completing as much as you can before you go.Tags:dinner reservations, holiday, holiday help, holiday plan, passports, Travel Checklist, travel insurance